Header Ads

Photo:Fake Doctor Nabbed; Confesses He Treats Only Malaria & Typhoid

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested a 40-year-old
man, Adeyemi Akintolure, for parading himself as a medical
practitioner without a licence. Akintolure, who also

allegedly defrauded one Joy Umosekhaimhe of N500,000,
was said to be in possession of a forged identity card of the
Lagos University Teaching Hospital. Read the rest of the
story after the break
The Police Public Relations Officer of the state command,
Ngozi Braide, said the suspect was arrested by the Area H
Command Headquarters, Ogudu, following a petition by
Umosekhaimhe. She said upon his arrest, the suspect
presented a certificate of annual practicing licence
purportedly issued to him by the Medical and Dental Council
of Nigeria.
Braide said, "Upon interrogation, Akintolure identified
himself as a doctor at LUTH and tendered his LUTH identity
card with no 13541. He claimed to be a surgeon and
gynaecologist at LUTH.
"A letter was written to the hospital to authenticate his
claims and LUTH replied that he was not an employee. The
suspect subsequently confessed that he was not a doctor but
had been practising for four years, using his vehicle as a
mobile clinic. "Drugs, injections, syringes, stethoscope, a
blood pressure monitor and a lab coat were recovered from
his home when it was searched."
Akintolure, in his defence,
said he took to medical practice because he needed money
to fend for his family.
He claimed to have only treated malaria and typhoid and
had charged N4,000 for his services. He also denied
defrauding Umosekhaimhe of N500,000. Akintolure said,
"I borrowed only N260,000 from Umosekhaimhe, not
N500,000. The money was used to care for my brother,
who is suffering from a kidney disease. I am actually a
graduate; I studied Marketing on a part time basis at
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife and graduated in
1997. "I got my medical experience at a hospital in Akure,
where I was employed as the personal assistant to a doctor
but also worked as an auxiliary nurse.
I know I'm not meant to be practising medicine but I have
never killed anyone before. I only took to medicine because
of unemployment. "I also don't treat pregnant women. I just
treat typhoid and malaria at the cost of N4,000. Sometimes
I administer injections. "The vehicle I use as my mobile clinic
belongs to my wife but she has no idea that I was a fake
doctor." The police said the suspect would soon be charged
to court.






No comments

Don't just Read...Comment aswell .......

Copyright © 2013 Welcome To Eminentpal's Blog. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.