Header Ads

Rihanna Wins the 'AMA Icon Award,'Performs 'Diamonds'

Rihanna was awarded with the first-ever "AMA Icon
Award" at the American Music Awards, and the statue
was presented by the person who knows her best: her
mom.

After a televised message from her mentor, Jay-Z, Bill
Maher brought out Rihanna's mother, Monica Fenty, to
present her daughter with the "AMA Icon Award." "The
journey of your career has not always been an easy one,
but tonight I applaud and honor you for being so strong,"
Rih's mother told her.

As all in attendance rose to their feet, Rihanna embraced
her mother and thanked those who've joined her on her
journey: "So many people I have to thank for keeping me
sane: my friends, my family, my fans. I love you so much.
You have no idea. You keep me driven. You keep this
thing special."

"I can't believe that at 25 years-old I'm holding an Icon
award. If you know me, then you know that I love you. I
am grateful. I'm only as good as my team, so I love you
so much," Rihanna closed her speech.

Before accepting the "AMA Icon Award," Rihanna, who
won the award for Favorite Female Artist - Soul/R&B,
performed one of her 12 Billboard 200 Hot 100 No 1s,
"Diamonds," before a full orchestra.

Earlier this month, Rihanna exceeded 10 million albums
sold in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

No comments

Don't just Read...Comment aswell .......

Copyright © 2013 Welcome To Eminentpal's Blog. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.