Header Ads

This woman had no idea she was five months pregnant when she took this bikini selfie (Photos)


Sunbathing by day then downing shots and dancing by night, she did not know her beach body was hiding a secret, she was five months pregnant.



With no hint of a bump, she was completely unaware she was expecting, even when she returned home to Bolton, Lancs.

In fact Jackie did not know she was going to have a child until her waters broke after a shift as a barmaid — and she gave birth to healthy 6lb 3oz baby boy Edward.

Today, Jackie tells the shocking story of how she went from party girl to parent in  a matter of hours.

8 months but still no sign of pregnancy
The full-time mum, 22, says: "I had been taking the contraceptive Pill, my periods had not changed and there was no sign of a baby bump.

"Even as I held Edward I couldn't believe it was real.

"Four months earlier I had been partying in Magaluf.

"I did a week's promo work then I partied hard with the girls for a fortnight.

"I was downing every shot going.

"I had a brilliant time.

"I didn't have a bump but I must have been five months' pregnant.

"As I was pushing I thought, 'I can't have a baby, I'm just a young girl.'

"But as soon as Edward was in my arms, I felt that bond.

"I was in love.

"When it properly sank in, I did feel guilty about the wild girls' holiday.

"But obviously I'd had no idea I was pregnant.

"Thankfully doctors confirmed no harm had been done."


Jackie had been dating chef Jack Ince, 23, on and off for three years and neither of them suspected she was pregnant — but there was one tell-tale sign.

She says: "A couple of months after I got back from Magaluf, I noticed my boobs spilling out of my bras.

"I asked Jack if they were bigger and he nodded and grinned.

"He wasn't complaining!

"I'd gone from a B to a D cup but I didn't think too much of it.

"I put it down to gaining a few pounds after partying that summer."

Jackie was working as a live-in barmaid at the New Inn hotel in Settle, North Yorks, when she started to feel unwell after a shift last September.

She says: "I had a horrible headache when I clocked off at 6pm.

"I went to bed but it felt like an electric drill was driving into my spine — and soon the pain got even worse.

"I heard my manager outside my bedroom door and yelled at her to come in.

"She told me she'd get some ice and dashed out, but just seconds later I felt a gush of liquid burst from between my legs.

"I couldn't believe it — I'd wet myself, and in front of my new manager.

"It was mortifying.

"But then she said she thought I was having a baby.

"It made no sense.

"I had no bump, I was on the Pill and I still had periods.

"They weren't regular but they had always been a bit ad hoc.

"Then I remembered I had been prescribed antibiotics for a chest infection nine months earlier.

"I realised they must have stopped the Pill working."

Jackie's manager called an ambulance.

Ten minutes later she was being taken to hospital.

She recalls: "I was terrified.

"I had no idea what was happening but when the paramedic asked if I needed to push I told her I did.

"The ambulance was hurtling round country lanes and I could feel my baby coming, so we pulled over by the roadside.

"Within seconds, I heard the baby's cry fill the ambulance."

It was 9.05pm, just three hours after Jackie had finished her shift.

She and her newborn son were taken to Royal Lancaster Infirmary where they were given a clean bill of health.

Jackie says: "I was given tablets for low iron, but that was it.

"I obviously didn't have any baby clothes, and the midwives had dressed my boy in a yellow knitted cardigan and hat from clothes donated to the hospital.

"A midwife told me I was around 37 weeks gone.

"She said the placenta is usually at the top of the womb, but if it's at the front, the woman might not feel any movement.

"Once things had calmed down, I tried calling Jack but he didn't answer.

"I rang my mum then and when she didn't pick up either, I fell asleep, exhausted.

"When I woke up at 6.30am, I realised it wasn't a dream — I was a mum.

"I sent Jack a text to tell him I'd had a baby and he replied: 'Is this a wind-up?'

"I often play pranks on him but when I sent a selfie of me and our boy he told me he was on his way."

Jack arrived at the hospital and became instantly smitten with Edward, now ten months.



Jackie says: "We wanted to be a family.

"So three days later, when we were discharged, we moved in with Jack's mum, Maureen.

"Jack is a brilliant dad.

"He's already mentioned having another baby.

"Next time at least I'll be fully prepared.

"Some people have wondered how I could have had no clue I was pregnant, but I honestly had no idea."

Proud dad Jack says: "It's sooner than we'd have planned, but it was meant to be.

"Jackie is a fantastic mum."

No comments

Don't just Read...Comment aswell .......

Copyright © 2013 Welcome To Eminentpal's Blog. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.