Header Ads

Bisi Alimi releases photos to mark Nigeria's 56th Independence Day

Bisi wrote on his Instagram page:

This picture puts me relationship with #nigeria into perspective. Nigeria is a country I love so much. It's my first home, the place of my birth and the land of my initiation into adulthood.


She is also the hands that carried me to the world stage but the same that hurts me. I can't
say how much I love Nigeria.


That is I have decided to be blind to her hate and hurt but hold her close to my heart. I know nigeria loves me too, and one day, the glow of our love will emancipate the nation


Happy Independence Day Nigeria. I love you. 



As I look down in pains. The pains of strained relationship between the child and the mother that birth him. 


My heart breaks as the woman who moan in pain faults the fruits of her labour.
But love is great. Nigeria, I love you. I know you do. 


Like in this picture, one day you will wrap your arms around me and say; 'son, I am sorry, welcome home' 


It won't be me alone, it will be for every misunderstood Nigerians on the fringe of the societies. The ones everyone thinks is mad, crazy, evil, possessed. 


It will be the #feminist, the #disable, the #girlchild, the #liberals, the #secularist, the #nonbelievers, the #believers, the #LGBT. 


It will be all of us, singing 'sweet home, sweet chariot'.


No comments

Don't just Read...Comment aswell .......

Copyright © 2013 Welcome To Eminentpal's Blog. All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.